Disclosure: I received a pair of Shady Rays’ Signature Series sunglasses as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.
Summer days are definitely driftin’ away into summer nights and there are fewer things that scream “summer” more than a good pair of shades. I was really excited to try Shady Rays because the sunglasses looked really sleek and fashionable, but promised to be functional enough for running during the summer. They definitely deliver!
Shady Rays sent me the Signature Series in the matte black/purple sunset combination. First, I really liked how comfortable they were. They aren’t just made of a cheap plastic that rubs on the tops of the ears – they have some kind of silicone or cushy material on the temples that keeps them from being uncomfortable.
Over the past couple of weeks that I’ve had these sunglasses, I’ve found myself gravitating to them quite often because of their simple design. They don’t really look like running sunglasses, which makes them easy to wear around town or store in my car after I’m done running. I even got to wear them to the beach.
Here are a couple of reasons Shady Rays are awesome:
- Shatter-resistant lenses – how many of you are clumsy like me? I’ve definitely dropped these more than a few times and these are still going strong.
- High-visibility Polarized lenses – the purple color is super vibrant and pretty!
- Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty and free replacements if lost or broken (all you have to do is pay S&H) – I mean, if they do break, I really don’t have anything to lose!
- They also secure 11 meals to fight hunger through Feeding America with each order – really cool that they do this.
- 100% UV protection and salt water proof – because you want to make sure they can go to the beach, too.
While I truly have been enjoying these sunglasses, the only slight drawback was that they were a little loose on me. I was worried they would fly off in the wind a little bit because of this, so some sort of croakie is probably necessary if you’re a smaller gal like me. Shady Rays does offer a nice section of women’s favorites.
These fabulous glasses range from $40-$60 and can be purchased on shadyrays.com. The code “BIBRAVE” will get you 50% off 2+ pairs (so basically you can get two for the price of one)!
Which styles are you looking forward to trying? Let me know in the comments.