Disclosure: I received a pair of XX2i USA1 Sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.
I have been wanting to test out a pair of running sunglasses ever since last winter, when I started noticing my vision would get blurrier with the winter winds. When I found out I would be able to test and review the XX2i USA1 Sunglasses, I was super excited, and when I received the package in the mail just before Christmas, it was as if Santa himself delivered them on my doorstep.
I opened the box to find a durable, zip-close, hard shell sunglasses case. All of the goodies that come with each pair of XX2i sunglasses were inside, including:
- A pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses
- A pair of black XX2i croakies
- A soft pouch
- XX2i decals
- A kit with two sets of interchangeable parts
As soon as I had the opportunity, I started running with these babies. So far, they have been on a couple of 6+ mile runs, and a few shorter runs (about 3 miles each). Here’s what I loved about them:
- No bounce! You would expect sunglasses to bounce around (or be too tight in an attempt to achieve no bouncing), but these were just right.
- Adjustable nose-piece. This was handy as I was experimenting where I wanted them to be positioned on my face.
- Polarized lenses. There was no glare, and the lenses were not too dark, so it was easy to see with them on.
- No foggy-ness. When you’re sweating, this is important. Curious to see how they would hold up in Houston’s humidity, but so far, so good!
- Interchangeability. You can order multiple lenses, if you like to change them out, and you’re also able to change the tips on the back and nose piece for a little variety.
- 365 day return policy. This speaks volumes about the company’s dedication to making sure you love your purchase.
With all the great thing about these glasses, there were a couple of cons/things I wasn’t crazy about related to the overall fit.
- While they didn’t bounce, they were big on me.
- The tips of the glasses also hit me in a weird spot because my head is smaller. There are ridges in these tips, which rubbed the backs of my ears, leaving my ears a little sore on the longer runs.
All in all, these are a solid buy at just $59.99, and they are available in a wide variety of colors (the black and tortoise shell would be great options if you would like to wear them when you’re not running)! You can also purchase a pack with multiple lens options for just $99.99. AND with the code XX2iRocks you can save a whopping 50% on your order at xx2i.com! These sunglasses offer a great value for the price at full price, so to get them at half price is a steal.
What do you look for in a great pair of running sunglasses?
Cheers to a great deal!