Disclosure: I received a pair of XX2i Brazil1 Sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.
To refresh your memory, I loved that the USA1 was fairly comfortable and that the quality seemed great for the cost of the glasses. The Brazil1 sunglasses are different because they’re meant to be worn as casual sunglasses. That is, they are not for running specifically like the USA1.
What I noticed right out of the box is that the Brazil1 comes with many of the accessories that accompany the regular running sunglasses. This includes a nice case, a soft, microfiber pouch, croakies and a set of stickers.
Another benefit is in the lenses themselves. These are nice lenses, and they are also polarized. That’s awesome for those who spend a lot of time outdoors (it reduces glare), like myself. Prescription sunglasses are also available from XX2i. For people like my husband who hate contacts, but are blind without glasses, that’s also wonderful!
Other things I liked about the XX2i Brazil1:
- The classic silhouette. It’s still on-trend, but a simple style that will be stylish for years to come.
- There are also a variety of colors available (
- Unisex design means that, were he wearing contacts, my husband could wear these, too.
- Lightweight design means they don’t weight my purse down.
- 365 day return policy: I love that XX2i stands by their products, especially because sunglasses are such a personal purchase.
- Another example of their commitment to their products is their outstanding warranty. If you break or scratch them, send them back for a replacement. No questions asked (there is a small shipping/handling fee).
Despite all the positives, there were a few aspects that I was less than enthused about. While on their website, these are listed under women’s specific glasses, these are not made specifically for women. They’re also listed as a men’s style. Like the XX2i glasses before these, the glasses were very large on me because they are unisex and I am a small woman. They fit my husband, but don’t fit me half as well. I would totally recommend them for guys, but the style is very large on me, personally. The frame material also felt inexpensive, and I don’t know if I would pay full price because of that. However, it could be that matte black color has an odd texture/feel.
Overall, these glasses would make a good gift for a special guy in your life that is constantly outdoors. Today, XX2i has given us a great discount code, bringing the cost for these to $39.99 when you buy them at xx2i.com. The code is BRAZIL1, and it will get you 60% off through midnight Tuesday, November 22. I do think that you get a solid pair of glasses for that cost. The value is definitely there for $40. Who says all the best deals come after Thanksgiving?